Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 23, Thurs. Nov. 12, Bristol, FL--124 miles

After riding through Fort Walton Beach and Destin along the gulf coast, I took a turn north to go inland a few miles and rode the rest of the day on hwy 20 through Freeport and Blountstown and ended up in Bristol after crossing the Apalachicola River and riding 124 miles. We also just entered the eastern time zone. I am so far ahead now that I am going to have to take another day off next week. So that leaves me with just three days left of riding. I'll ride Friday to Perry, then Sunday ride to Hawthorne (just east of Gainesville). Then will take Monday off. Then Tuesday I'll only have 65 miles left to go to St. Augustine, as I wait for Janine to come down Tues to join me for the last day of riding. Can't wait!! Five weeks is way too long to apart from ones spouse! But at least with my cell phone I've been able to call her everyday. What a blessing that is.
Well when I first started out I never imagined I would have this problem of arriving too early. I think if I wasn't holding back so I could finish when Janine could come, I could have finished within three weeks--21 days--of riding. But thats fine with me. I'd much rather have my honey be with me as I finish this grand adventure.












2 comments:

  1. Glad the weather is pretty again for you. Hope you are able to spend a day or two in St. Augustine with Janine before you head home. St. Augustine is a great place to visit. Something there for everyone. I love the beach and historic downtown. The boys really loved the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, We're latecomers to your site, but had heard of your ride. However, we've caught up with you these last few days, having vicariously traveled with you each day, thanks to your faithful reports. So glad that Janine can join you at the last, as well as Dave Ryder. Praise to the Lord for His blessings and protection through it all!!! Do, please, greet your father-in-law for me. Hope to see you before too long when you are safe back at home. In Christian love, Sherman and Eileen Leach

    ReplyDelete