Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 18-Wed. Nov. 4, De Ridder, LA--118 miles

Yeah! I crossed into Louisiana today at 2:36. I am now two-thirds across the country, with only 1000 more miles to go. Should take me two days to go across Louisiana.
Rode 118 miles to De Ridder, LA. In the picture below you will see the TX/LA border river at above flood stage.
The road shoulder has gotten better, making for a much nicer day of riding. But still climbed appox. 2700 ft., because there were still plenty of hills.
Have been enjoying beautiful weather. Praise the Lord! But next week I hear there will be some thunderstorms. Being 3-4 days ahead of schedule, that shouldn't be a problem.
Well need to go to bed. Good night.












1 comment:

  1. It is great that you are ahead of schedule. If you get behind-- Providence may give me a window to ride with you!

    George

    ReplyDelete