Saturday, October 10, 2009

One more day to go!

Well, here it is the day before I leave on my epic journey across America--by bicycle.
But first there is the Sabbath-a day of rest. Thank God for Sabbath. Then tonight is our
annual harvest party at our home. Janine and I have been busy most of the week getting everything ready. We've had some good help from our friends as well.
Yesterday was my last treatment of Avastin and doctor visit before I leave on Sunday. I had lab work done as well, and although my cea is rising (5.8) I feel great and my faith in God is rising as well. I know it is only through His strength that I will be able to complete this journey.
I have everything packed and ready to leave Sunday morning around 10 am to drive out to San Diego with Dave and Faith Kneller--my wife's parents. I couldn't do this without them and I am so grateful that they are willing to spend this time with me driving ahead of me as I bike, for support and to carry all our gear.
Pator Ryder will fly out Wednesday and we will pick him up at the San Diego airport where we will start our adventure on Thursday morning--right on the beach of the Pacific Ocean.
I'll close now and right more later when we are on our way.
I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment