Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finally Arrived in San Diego

Tueday was a very full day. Starting out at 7:30am we left from Santa Rosa, NM and traveled through New Mexico, Arizona, and on to Loma Linda, CA arriving at 9:15pm. We stayed with my brother Dan and his family. This is where I grew up as a child and haven't been back for nearly 13 years. Here I am standing in front of LLUMC where my dad worked for 25 years as an electrician.
After spending time with my brother and his family and my dad, we left Loma Linda around 3:30 to drive to San Diego, our starting point. I scoped out where our starting point would be. It will be at Ocean Beach Park. It is beautiful here--low 70's and sunny.
Just waiting to pick up pastor Dave Ryder at the airport around 8:45pm.

On our way out west we stopped along the way and ate our lunch with the food Faith had brought. Here below is a picture of us eating lunch in Flagstaff, AZ outside a Safeway grocery store. They said we could use their tables. Was very windy. Been eating tomato and avocado sandwiches with salad one day and bean soup the other day. Breakfasts have been provided so far at the motels.
Well tomorrow is the big day! I am quite excited and anxious to get pedaling! I'm sure soon I'll be anxious to stop pedaling.
Oh well, this is one of the "to do"'s on my "Bucket List".
I choose not only to be just a cancer survivor but a cancer thriver. I choose not to be bound by the circumstances and problems I face. But rather to live life to the fullest in spite of my circumstances. And this is one way I want God to work through me to be an encouragement to others to press on in spite of trials and live each day to your fullest potential and to the glory of God!





2 comments:

  1. Just signed up to be a follower and am excited to be part of the adventure! You will be in our prayers daily. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and David, You are such an inspiration. I'm so glad to see Jesus living in your lives. What an encouragement you are to take on such an adventure. Please be careful. Wear bright orange so everyone can see you. We are with you in our thoughts and prayers. May the angels be right by your side all the way.

    ReplyDelete