Friday, September 4, 2009

Training for the big day!

We have a little over a month before we leave on our trip, and I know I need to pick up the intensity and frequency of training. This past week I have ridden four times. Sunday I rode from my house to a little past Kneller's house and back--about 40 miles. That was up and down the mountain twice. Then I decided I would go a little further on Monday. So I rode from my house to where 111 joins 27 in Soddy Daisy and back. That was up and down the mountains three times, going 55 miles. Quite a workout. I felt good, but my wrist and neck began to hurt toward the end. Then I rode after I worked on Thursday for only 26 miles, but pushing myself to ride faster, especially up the hills, going from my house down Hwy 8 toward McMinnville and back. I like that road because there is not much traffic as compared to Hwy 111. Now today is Friday, I have been invited to give a talk at Laurelbrook for vespers. So, wanting to get in a ride today, I plan to ride to Laurelbrook, about 45-50 miles. Janine will come later with my clothes and we'll eat supper at Zollinger's. I am looking forward to Sabbath--a day of rest in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment